Man Dies While Traveling In Cambodia
AKRON, Ohio -- A northeast Ohio mother and
father are mourning after their son died in
Cambodia on Friday.
The circumstances since Todd Wunderle's death
have taught the family some tough lessons about
overseas travel, reported NewsChannel5.
"Parent's worst nightmare. Four in the
morning. 'Hello, is this Mrs. Wunderle? This
is the U.S. Embassy in Cambodia and we regret
to inform you that your son Todd is dead,'" said
Bringing their son's body home for a proper
burial would cost the Wunderles $15,000, money
the couple doesn't have.
"We're going to need help with the money
because we had to beg and borrow the money.
We just don't have that laying around but you
do what you have to do. Sometimes you make
a deal with the devil if that's what you have
to do because it's our son," said Carle
Todd graduated from Kent State and was teaching
English in Korea. He was in Cambodia when he
needed to refill a prescription for his thyroid
The thought is that he had an allergic reaction
to the different medicine, and he died of a
heart attack at the age of 26.
Now his family says that anyone traveling overseas
should get travel insurance. Without it, paying
for something like bringing a body home is
The Wunderles expect Todd's body to be home
Donations to the Todd Wunderle fund can be
made at any Huntington Bank location.